Everwood / Petrawood Deck Treatment

Well, it's that time of year again. I briefly investigated this silica aero gel wood treatment that is supposed to last a long LONG time but got no feedback here. So I held off on trying it on my deck.
Has anyone tried Everwood ( aka Petrawood ) ? Do you think it's any good or just a bunch of crap?
I had a local deck treater try to give me a hard sell for my deck last year at around $1800 but I passed on it. Especially when I can buy the product he's using for $45 a gallon (up from $40 last year).
http://www.solvingconcreteproblems.com/everwoodinformation.htm
Thanks for any feedback!
Clocker
ANyone?
What is the deck wood. Consumer Reports has an ongoing test of treatments, worth reading. Never heard of everwood.
Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure what kind of wood my deck is made out of (I didn't build it).
Can someone look at the pics. I have links to above and give me some advice about treating my deck this year?
Thanks, Kevin
http://www.kevharper.com/deck1.jpg
http://www.kevharper.com/deck2.jpg
bump...anyone give me some advice about my deck? (see pics in previous post)
Hard to tell what it is , plank grain looks like pine but also cedar in color. Does oil darken it alot is color the same if cut into it, does it smell like cedar when cut is likely cedar. The deck looks good a mild cleaning with deck cleaner and treat several coats with whatever you choose probably an unpigmented oil product. It is all a big guess without seeing it but it is in good shape.
On 10 Apr 2005 17:12:47 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

You have a nice deck but it looks like you need to treat it - NOW!
The consumer reports evaluation is where you need to go. Anything else is a crap shoot.
JimL
Thanks. I was planning on getting it done in the next few weeks. Just had someone over to look at it today and I'll probably just have them apply the top rated stuff from the consumer reports website as long as the color is really close to my current color...
Appreciate any and all feedback!
Kevin