Electrical question.........

Page 2 of 2

Already answered, but...
The prime directive is that the neutral ALWAYS carries a load and the ground NEVER carries a load, the ground just travels around to bond everything providing a return path that becomes available as a safety ground. If you allow the ground wire to carry a load, the circuit will "work" but be unsafely and ungrounded. This is the reason you never re-bond the ground in a subpanel, (it would make the ground carry load between the panels), you just ground the subpanel and only bond the neutral to the bus in the subpanel without re-bonding the ground wire.
Brian posted for all of us...

Really did a lot of research did ya?

To meet the requirements of the applicable electrical code as specified by the laws and regulations of the applicable district.