Electrical question

Page 3 of 3

Normally, when you have this, dimming when the AC comes on, the lights that are dimming are on a loose neutral.

Jim Beaver wrote:

Are those lights on the same circuit as the A/C? If your a/c was drawing unusually high current I would expect occasional breaker trips. Anything that does not trip the breaker should be suppliable by the transformer. I would call power company. Also high chance of loose connection, which is dangerous.
--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert

This is Turtle.
In this age and time , anything is possible.
Check the voltage at the service pannel and if you see this dip in the voltage there. Call the power company. If you don't see any dip in the voltage at the pannel . You have a problem inside your house. call a electricial to come fix it.
The Cheapest might be to call the power company and let them see as to the low volage when the A/C comes on. If there is a drop of voltage at the meter pan. It's their problem. If not , it's your to fix inside your house.
TURTLE