Electric water heater

Page 2 of 2

.
The things are completely outlawed here in the UK. There's not that many places here need the vast AC plants these things serve due to our climate. I remember they were associated with "Trane", (an American company). compressors/evaporators/condensers, all water/gas heat exchangers. They had an unsual method of load reduction by unloading pistons on the compressors. They were pretty reliable, never went wrong. But out they all went & conventional plant put in. It was a hospital though. The cooling towers on the roof had all timber slats.
Add pictures here
✖

Legionnaires disease is endemic (ie everywhere) It very quickly appears in condensate for air coolers. Coolers are NOT airconditioning as they do not control humidity (a difficult and expensive process) In days of yore some proper airconditioning plants recirculated water from a tank (mains water fed) using spinning disk humidifiers. Guaranteed to promote Legionnaires disease. Humdifiers these days often use steam or ultrasonic misters.
Add pictures here
✖

We have thousands of snowbirds here who turn their water heaters off for 8 months of the year and I have not heard of a huge problem from bad water killing them.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 23, 10:53 am, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

And as I recall, you only need to maintain a temp of 140F to kill legionaire bacteria. So, as long as you have it set to that, when you turn it back on it will kill any legionaire bacteria.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 23, 12:17 pm, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Turn it off.
Add pictures here
✖
Have you surveyed? How many of those snowbirds will be dead, within the next few years?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

It is like a zombie movie They just keep coming back.
Add pictures here
✖
Attack of the blue haired ladies....
Thanks for the laugh.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Bit here on the topic. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterborne_diseases
Add pictures here
✖

The problem is that there is no way of totally removing/killing all bacteria. As the chlorine dissipates from the water in your heater over the weeks the odd few bugs in there will multiply, possibly to a dangerous level.
Add pictures here
✖

Yes. Most bacteria will die above 120 degrees. Flush all the stagnant water from the lines for a few minutes when you return.
Add pictures here
✖