Electric Start Lawnmower ?

They have been out for at least 35 yrs and work fine. They use a battery. Many manufacturers have them Lawnboy, Toro etc

Reply to
m Ransley

It uses a battery, battery needs to be charged.

I owned kenmore self-start and never ever do it again.

New one I bought starts with half pull.

Brian

Reply to
Brian

Hello:

Heard there's a walk-behind type of grass mower available now with electric start. Not sure of brand; possibly Toro /

Can't be too popular (yet), as this is the first time I've heard about it, and HD didn't have any.

How do they work; plug it in like a snowblower (or battery ?) ?

With my bad back, it sure sounds desireable.

Think it's a good investment, or not proven yet technology for lawnmowers ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

They've been around for years. The ones I've seen use a battery. It is not an unproven technology.

Reply to
Milos

Had a Toro electric-start. Sucked.

Get a nice Snapper commercial grade. I have a bad back too. The pull for the Kawasaki engine is up at the top of the handle, and a long, slow, consistent pull is what starts it.

Reply to
Scott Packard

The motor charges the battery , in winter pull it out

Reply to
m Ransley

Lawnboy makes them and have for years......25 or more. I think the one you are thinking about is the Troy Built model at Lowes...839E is a key start with a battery. They USED to offer one that was pushbutton start, it had no battery, and used a large capacitor to store energy from the mag.. You still had to pull start it the first time of the day tho..

Reply to
webmaster

I have a "Yard Machine" by MTD. Got it at Wal Mart about three years ago. So far so good. It was fairly cheap

Reply to
Haas

I have an electric start snow plow which uses 110 volt AC to run the starter. I bought it about ten years ago.

I use an electric lawnmower so there is no starting issue if the AC is live.

Reply to
John_B

I remember way back when I was a youngest in the 70s. My father had a toro (I think) lawnmower that was a wind-up start. Kinda weird, there was a crank on the top of the motor, you would wind it up a bunch of times and then hit this button. Its was a long time ago and I kinda remember that it didn't start all that well.

Reply to
Michael Dauria