(electric forced air) furnace not cutting out at set temperature

A couple days ago, I noticed my furnace was continuously running - both the fan and heat. I changed the batteries in the thermostat, to no effect and am presently manually operating hte furnace by tripping the breaker. The thermostat (honeywell programmable) was installed last December.
Any ideas?
Thank you, Karen

You probably have a stuck relay controlling the strip heaters. Banging on the front of the furnace near the top might dislodge it. Removing the cover there and tapping on the relays with the handle of a strewdriver might do it if that doesn't.
Bob

I should add, if the problem keeps recuring, get the offending relay(s) replaced.
Bob
KLeask posted for all of us...

Asked and answered MANY times - do your own research.