Easiest/Cheapest Way to get small qty drywall home

What is the cheapest/easiest way to get 4-6 sheets of 4x8 drywall to my house. My options as I see it are have someone deliver it, but called someone last night and the delivery charge is $100, which is about five times the cost of the material or rent a pickup and try and lug it from Home Depot. I'm also doing all this on my own without anyone to help.
Thoughts?
find a friend/cow-orker with a pickup and offer them a six-pack after delivery?

Or Home Cheap-O does have the truck that you can rent. I did once, and the thing was under $30 for me to pick up my own patio door. They had a guy help me, but he sort of had his hand out for a tip, which I slid $5 into.
Once back home, you can get the sheets out yourself, can't you?
On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:21:38 -0400, "ng_reader"

Buy a roofrack, and a sheet of 3/4" plywood.

HD will rent him their truck for $19.95. Thats cheaper than the ply or the rack
go to an autoparts store and buy a suction cup roof carrier. (like a 2X4 with suction cups). and than make sure you secure load real good. I hauled about 100 sheets on mine over the span of a few years. 6 is the most I would do at once. It was pretty hilarious to see a chevette driving down the road loaded with wall board. It even hauled a sofa once the same way.
But the find a friend with a pick up is proably the best.

I have trailer hitch on my Jeep and whenever I need something too big to fit inside I rent one of those Uhaul trailers. They only cost $10/day.
Are there any day laborers floating around the HD parking lot with a beater van??? Offer them some cash....ON DELIVERY!!!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

1. HD will deliver. For far less than that, I am sure.
2. HD will rent you a truck (and load it). Around here (central Florida) they charge $25 for the first 75 minutes.
dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ....a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico
Okay, I'll check in with how much HD would charge for delivery, and yes they do have a truck that I could rent which might be the easiest route.
you could always rent from Uhaul and get the truck for the day, that way you wouldn't be rushed to unload the drywall, which by yourself will be a job, let alone doing it within the time you're allowed to have the truck from Home Depot
So Calif coast signs on the truck tout $19.00/hour.

includes the gas too.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

My local lumberyard delivers for free. It's not the closest one to me, either. Call around. Ask if they have a minimum amount to qualify for free delivery. Other yards might have a minimal fee.
Where you at? If buying from my local HD or Lowes I'll give you a hand for $20, the cost of renting the truck at HD. SE PA.