Dryer Problem

Hi,

I'm having a weird problem with my dryer. I am getting most of the lint showing up on the correct side of the lint filter, but I am also getting some on the wrong side of the filter, almost like a 'backwash' of air is pushing some lint back towards the dryer. This has happened since I've moved. It's a new house so I'm assuming the duct work is clear (no long term accumulation of lint).

Any ideas?

Guy

Reply to
Guy Landry

Don't assume anything. There could be anything from a crushed pipe to an empty soda can in that duct. How long is the pipe and can you get to all of it to see? You could suck a ball of paper on a string through the pipe with a vacuum to see if it is open, then pull something like a tennis ball or softball sized wiffle ball through to be sure it is unobstructed. Make sure you have a string attached at both ends so you can retrieve it if it does get stuck.

Reply to
gfretwell

Reply to
SQLit

I have seen this twice as a Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician, and both times it was crushed duct work that created 'back pressure'. Another sign is that your clothes will take longer than 30 minutes to dry. Good Luck.

Reply to
CDET 14

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to take a look at this more closely this weekend.

Guy

Reply to
Guy Landry