Drunk College Student Gets Stuck Between Two Buildings, Requires Rescue By Firefighters

A 22-year-old college student in Rhode Island learned the hard way that, while you can get away with a lot of dumb drunken shit in college, what you absolutely cannot do is defy basic physics and do something like run through an eight-inch wide alley. For reasons that escape even her, Courtney Malloy attempted just such a feat and, of course, got stuck.
The Providence fire department was called to the scene after witnesses heard her yelling for help.
"She was completely shaking and panicking and out of shape," witness David Boutros, who owns a nearby bar, told the station. "She was panicking, she looked like she had a few alcohol… She didn't know what to do. She was stuck between two buildings. She was trapped and she was breathing heavy."
Apparently, not only was she stuck in the alley, she was stuck in the alley over two feet off the ground.
"It appears she was trying to make her way through the alley, and it got too tight for her," acting Battalion Chief Jeffrey Varone told NBC-10 News. "She kept trying to get her way in, and she wedged herself in, about 24 inches off the ground in a horizontal position, and she was unable to move."
Because of the whole "24 inches off the ground" part, firefighters initially thought she'd fallen from one of the rooftops but no, it was just pure drunken determination that got her there.
Rescuers had to remove a fence and bash in part of the alley's concrete walls to free her, a process that took over an hour.
When reached for comment, Malloy said: "But you know what I learned from this? Nothing. I learned nothing. It's just something that happened (and it just so happens that it happened to me). Life is crazy. But I already knew that last Thursday, and so did you."
Wait, nevermind, that was someone else. Malloy told WPRI that she was trying out a shortcut and that's how she became stuck.
Despite the embarrassment and probable hangover, Malloy was fine and back at work the next day.
http://gawker.com/5960365/drunk-college-student-gets-stuck-between-two-buildings-requires-rescue-from-firefighters
There is a picture of a Crisco can in the comments. I was thinking wire soap. Not the yellow 77, but they make a clear soap. We called it poly water at Watts Bar.
Add pictures here
βœ–

More amazing that an 8" alleyway should exis tat all. Pointless.
Add pictures here
βœ–
harry wrote:

How the hell did they even manage to build the second building with no space to paint, brick, whatever????
Add pictures here
βœ–

Dwarfs?
--
Dan Espen

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 07:26:34 -0600, G. Morgan

The second building was constructed about 10 feet from the existing building. When it was complete, they moved it and placed it 8 inches from the existing building.
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@everywhere.com wrote:

wow... what shitty engineer thought that up?
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 09:09:24 -0600, G. Morgan

I don't know how it is done, but there are many houses around the world that are inches from the next. I've seen it in Philadelphia, San Francisco, Boston, parts of Italy, etc.
Add pictures here
βœ–

From the inside.
Add pictures here
βœ–

So you get vitrtual terrace housing without the benefit of energy saving? Mad. Also the space must fill up with junk, leaves etc.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sat, 17 Nov 2012 00:45:37 -0800 (PST), harry

Leaves and college girls.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Metspitzer wrote:

That's what he meant by junk, drunk college chicks!
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 11/16/2012 5:41 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Pretty much any older city when looking at buildings built prior to zoning and building codes. You bought the property and filled it with your building.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 11/16/2012 10:09 AM, G. Morgan wrote:

Its pretty simple. We live near an older city and I can think of 100s of buildings there built just like that in the days before zoning and building codes. You bought a property and literally filled it with the building. Today you would need to adhere to various setbacks and clearance requirements.
Add pictures here
βœ–

...or build them with common walls. Leaving no space for maintenance is nuts.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Metspitzer wrote:

what a dumbass!