Drill bit sizes

Maybe all of you have seen these before but they were new to me. My large set of drill bits go up in number (down in size) to #60 and I thought that was quite small. Well, the other day in an antique store I found an index of bits that went from #61 up though #80. Those sizes run from .039" down to .0135 which is damn small! Of course I now own them.
No bid deal but just thought I would share.

I ended up with a set of those micro bits by mistake. I didn't read the size that carefully when I ordered them. The only time I used them was opening up the holes in a shower head. I suppose if you were rejetting a carburetor something like that might be handy (kids, there used to be this thing called a carburetor)
On Wed, 29 Apr 2015 01:17:11 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I don't know if the sizes are comparable, but my father used his dental drill and bits to make the holes in the salt shakers bigger.
On 4/29/2015 6:03 PM, micky wrote:

The holes in salt shakers would be HUGE compared to these small bits.
On Wed, 29 Apr 2015 01:17:11 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

They will be handy the next time you do at home dental work on yourself!
On Thu, 30 Apr 2015 21:55:49 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

after desoldering components. Also good for cleaning out carb jets - using them by hand, not in the drill. I have 2 sets

Quite common and can be found most anywhere. Make sure you get drill bits that are HSS (high speed steel), at the very least.
nb