Double sink drain install

I'm installing a double sink. The basins are 20 gallons each and the drains are about 8" apart. I will be installing a 1.5" PVC vent around the room near the top of the studs to serve all the fixtures. There are two ways to connect the sink drain--a single trap or separate traps for each basin. If I install separate traps, I could install a separate vent for each trap. I want to eliminate any possibility of waste water draining from one basin to enter the other (empty) basin. What is the best configuration?

seperate traps always better. are you certain a 1.5 inch vent is enough?
On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 09:07:42 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

Not sure. The area is already plumbed with a 2" drain and 1.5" vent (for a bathroom). My intent is to install a large shower and laundry hookups as well. This house was built in 1992--does current plumbing code require 2" vents? If so, I'm concerned about drilling holes through the studs which are only 3.5" wide. 2" PVC will require 2.5" holes through these studs.

could transistion thru studs to copper or other thin wall material just thru studs.
we need a plumber here, with all the new stuff your adding 4 inch main vent might be necessary.
venting prevents siphoning of traps.
with such a small vent diameter showering while doing laundry might suck the other traps dry, allowing sewer gas into home. I have a old friend who found natural gas in his home, after a leak a quarter mile away got in the neighborhood sewer line and somehow found its way into his home.
he opened door and left. smart fellow a retired fireman.
he had a cracked main trap and a leaking sink trap, leaving a nice escape path for the natural gas. his home could of exploded.
you getting a permit for this work? if not it might come back to haunt you at home resale time.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Hi, When I look at ours in the kitchen one trap with 2" vent. We have a dish washer and garburator as well draining into it.

buffalo ny: who/what/where/when/why/how: who is stopping you from reventing to the 4" soil stack? what is the trap size don't go bigger than the kitchen 1-1/2" or the draining will fight an oversize trap. where are we, in the kitchen? when you run all the fixtures simultaneously in the house thru a slow sewer why not check the local requirements, sometimes for the cost of a plumbing inspector will get you amazing info to help you. how far above/below grade, how much water is pumped out so much faster on many of the newer machines, how much pitch is needed on your upcoming addons and so on. first look at: http://www.free-ed.net/sweethaven/BldgConst/Plumbing01/lessonmain.asp?iNum=fra0309 second, see good vent specs at: http://www.oatey.com/apps/catalog/instance_assets/assets/SV_Specification_Sheet.pdf general description info and links at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plumbing_drainage_venting and see: http://www.theplumber.com/index.html
On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 12:54:38 -0800 (PST), buffalobill

There is no 4" soil stack.

Basement.
Thanks for these links.