Do they make range hoods without mounting to a cabinet?

I have a stand alone stove that had an old style range hood with no cabinet overhead. It no longer works and is old. Do they make a standalone range hood? The ones I've seen Broan make is intended to be mounted under a cabinet. Can they be mounted without one?

They do. Tends to be more in the higher end than your basic under the cabinet hood.
On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 05:51:28 -0800 (PST), jamesgangnc

Also you might consider local sheet metal shops. Some of these craftsmen can do magnificent work.
--
Mr.E

One option would be to put a shelf above the stove and mount a standard hood below that. I lived in an apartment for a few weeks that was set up like that. The hood could also be supported by brackets from above the hood.
Jimmie

Faber makes several models like that, we have the Tratto model. Price is much higher than Broan but it is a bit quieter and has washable filters.

The "real" hoods are never mounted under a cabinet. You are not going to find them at the BORG. Call a local kitchen place to find one.
They will cost a lot more than the $59 or so for the ones who blow the fumes back in your face. They will carry those fumes outside the home. The more expensive, and better ones will also supply "make up" air to balance the outflow with an air intake. These are only for serious cooks.
--
Colbyt
On 2/24/2011 5:06 AM Mikepier spake thus:

Here's a very good wall-mount hood for you--the Spagna Vetro SV168F-30:
http://www.euro-kitchen.com/proddetail.asp?prod=SV168F-30
I can vouch for this model, having installed it for a client who was very happy with it. It's sleek, very Euro, powerful, quiet, and not too expen$ive ($410 from this place). Has nice electronic features like adjustable illumination and fan timer. Costs more than the POSs made by Broan, but worth it.
--
The phrase "jump the shark" itself jumped the shark about a decade ago.

- Usenet