Do I need to acid wash my pool?

Ok, so I have my pool drained. My question is, is it recommendend that I acid wash the sides, or will the pressure washing that I already did suffice? There are still some slightly discolored spots, but I don't know if the acid will do anything.
What do you guys think?
Ryan

The answer is yes, no, maybe, and it depends .................................
It depends on the age of the pool. The condition of the plaster. The reason for wanting to acid wash it.
You may be helping it, and you may be taking off plaster that will hasten a co$tly replaster job. But when a pool gets to an age, no amount of pressure washing or acid washing makes a difference. Time to replaster. Consult a pro in your area, and take what he tells you with a grain of salt. If you can find an honest one, they will give you the lowdown. The others will want to replaster it even if you just did it last week. You might hire a good pool service guy, or pay a guy from the local pool supply to come look at it and give you a professional opinion. The pool supply guys want to sell you chemicals. The plaster guy wants to sell you a plaster job. You have to decide what it is you need.
steve

Heck, I wouldnt....
Remember, the plaster is a functional bit....it seals the pool--if you arent too worried about the appearance then just fill the sucker and enjoy.
--

SVL