DIY PEX Manifold

I have a PEX system at home and love it. My friend needs to run some lins to a new bathroom, but he is on a very limited budget due to lots of renovations going on. I priced out building a manifold out of galvanized or CPVC ... it would be extremely cheap to do so because I could just add one tee/ball valve combination at a time (I would probably start with two on both the hot and cold manifolds).

I have never heard of anyone building a manifold like this so I am wondering if I am missing something?

If I do build it, should I use galvanized, CPVC, or copper? CPVC would obviously be the easiest.

Is this a bad idea or a good idea? Why?

Reply to
Aaron

I can't see it from here, so it's hard to answer the question. By the time you put the material and time into building one, it may be cheaper to buy one....

Reply to
HeatMan

Yes you could build your manifold.......I would use whatever method you are most comfortable with but personally I would use galvanized or copper as they are more ridgid........but like I said I would use what you are comfortable with.........

Reply to
cornytheclown

Ok, I think I'll go with galvanized. Thanks for the input.

-a

Reply to
Aaron