DIY incubator?

I keep my house temperature low to save money. However, fruits take longer to ripen, so I'm going to make an incubator to put the fruits in.
It's really simple. I need these parts:
(1) line-voltage digital thermostat (2) a box with a glass window (3) heat lamp or light bulb
Basically this would be hooked up as if it is a baseboard heater in a room except the heater is a light bulb and the room is a box with a see through panel.
Can anyone think of an even simpler or better design?
james wrote:

Window sill of sunny window?
That's one cold house if you keep it that cold that fruit doesn't ripen!
If you are only talking a box about the size of a breadbox, I'd start out with a very small bulb, a 4 watt nightlight would probably give more heat than needed.