DIY Garage Door project - ugh

Spent all day Saturday in 80+ weather installing a Wayne Dalton 8x7 garage door. First time I ever did a garage door before -- WHEW!
I'm happy it's over. Friends said, "You should have someone do that for you" But I decided to give it a try and even though is wasn't that easy, it looks great.
Now if only Lowe's would consider selling the locking handle kit. I thought it was funny that you had to go to a garage door dealer in order to get that.
--
JaKe, Seattle
"People never understood, that the drum is a musical instrument."

Nothing "funny" about Lowes not selling the locking door kit. They'd sell maybe 3 a year....cause everybody else in the world uses an electric garage door opener.

Curmudgeon wrote:

Maybe, but their iDrive costs as much as the door. I got the manual lock for only $25. Let the consumer choose.
--
JaKe, Seattle
"People never understood, that the drum is a musical instrument."
They DID let the consumer choose...and sold 3 in 12 months.<g>

sell
garage
Curmudgeon wrote:

Damn! Just missed it . . . :-)
--
JaKe, Seattle
"People never understood, that the drum is a musical instrument."
and they don't carry replacement openers!!!!!!at least in Raleigh