Dishwasher leaking on top?

Hi all,
I have a Kenmore dishwasher, approximately 10 years old. I am noticing small spots of water coming through the latch opening on the top! (It is getting inside the door as well). When I open the door I am noticing water on the top of the door.
The first thing that occurs to me is to change the tub gasket that goes around the door. It doesn't look damaged at all, but maybe it has shrunk over time? Is there anything else I should look for?
When I actually opened the door, water must have ran from the top down into the center of door.. I actually had some smoking and sparks when I started it again! Everything seems OK, but I fear if I don't fix this I may not be lucky next time.
Thanks,
Matt
Hi,

Kenmore is made by several different companies, model#?? http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.

Loose/broken door lock/latch, split in the spray arm, gasket has gone hard, too much water filling ( over heating element )....

Time for a peek there ( power off ) to see what is sparking/arcing.

Except for the leaking and sparking....right ;)