dish rack beside kitchen sink

Page 3 of 3
On 01/31/2013 09:27 PM, Doug wrote:

The only way that's not going to happen is to find one made of stainless steel. I can't recommend a specific product/source, however. Otherwise, wood it is.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

there are 100% plastic racks..... no metal no rust:)

Stainless would tend to scratch the sink; not a good idea. My vote is for plastic, if you insist on having an ugly rack.
On 1/31/2013 9:27 PM, Doug wrote:

Plastic? Search on Amazon (etc) for "plastic dish rack". There are some interesting looking ones - folding, collapsible, over the sink etc. I have had one of the folding ones for years, but rarely use it.
I found racks on a number of sites, but Amazon lists a bunch in one spot to compare.
On 1/31/2013 9:27 PM, Doug wrote:

Here is a good one.
We have a dishwasher yet the wife just purchased a new set of non-stick pots & pans that she insists can't be cleaned in the dishwasher but must be hand washed instead?
Why I have no clue?
John
On 2/2/2013 4:28 AM, John wrote:

I bought a plain metal rack about 4 yrs ago, and it rusted. I'm sure it was supposed to be stainless. If I had wanted to keep it, I'd be inclined to try some Rustoleum rusty metal primer and enamel.

Well, it's hard to find any household product not made in China, which means it's sub-standard quality. I was a big fan of anodized alum. cookware for a long time, but Calphalon's recent products are crap. Bought some stainless, of several different brands, and it is crap. Can't put the 3 ply in dw, and the stainless gets little black pitted spots (apparently from salt added to cooking water).

I used to buy every 5 years or so new teflon fry pans ....both cheap and expensive ones and no matter how I cared for it, the teflon wore off. More important, I kept hearing how the stuff was toxic and I figured as I was getting older, maybe I should pay attention to this. I have since bought 2 good metal fry pans (non-teflon) because I figure I can add oil when needed and I don't have to worry about any toxic stuff being eaten. I don't know for sure about the toxic part but I figure these fry pans will last my lifetime so I won't have to spend on new fry pans every 5 years or so.

You are dumb enough to believe that rot.

It figures that you'd buy plastic fry pans. But you did finally learn that fry pans should be made of (some) metal. Stainless is good. You should try it next time.
You continue to prove that you're a real dumbass, Dumbie.
On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 15:36:15 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Hope you aren't OD'g on your meds... sounds like it.

The one for whom there is no hope is hoping? Impossible.

Come on John, you know why. It's because your wife said so and if you want peace in the family, you listen. Been there and done that. Women are more powerful than they look especially when you are married to them. I think they get women101 classes before they get married.