dish rack beside kitchen sink

Page 2 of 3
On Sun, 03 Feb 2013 00:30:10 -0500, Wes Groleau

What do you mean by pre-wash? Isn't this the same as washing it before putting into dishwasher ? In any case I wonder how you prevented the food particles from getting by the pump.
Last I wonder if anyone else has my experience or not?

Huh? You don't. The "pump" in most (other than high-end DWs like Bosch) is a grinder pump. It acts like a garbage disposal. Bosch's have a filter in front of the pump that has to be cleaned regularly.

I sure hope you're unique, Dumbie!
On Sun, 03 Feb 2013 10:44:27 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Don't forget your meds today.

Dumbie, when are you going to realize that you don't have the brains necessary to breathe.
On Sun, 03 Feb 2013 16:59:11 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Coming from someone who needs to check his doseage, I don't take your opinion too seriously.

Dumby, take a breath! Now. Now. Now. Now...
On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 13:34:45 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Too late now but don't forget to read the instructions first before you take your meds tomorrow. Gotta stop over dosing. It shows in your posts here.

Opps, you forgot to breathe. No loss; no brain.

The cost of whatever to "fix it" is probably about the same as a new one. They are not a "bank buster" purchase.
Harry K

Stainless steel.
<http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/3/stainless-steel-dish-racks
--
Tegger

Probably go this route because the wife likes a dish rack. I agree with some, that it's a bit of an eye sore and may waste water when compared to a "new" dishwasher but life is better if I make the wife happy. Most of the time we hand wash dishes for just 2 people and just use the dishwasher for company or just to give it a run. That may explain why at 15 yrs old, it still runs fine.
Thanks to all for the help / replies !!!
On 2/1/2013 8:24 AM, Doug wrote:

If you intend to place glassware or any other items that can chip or break easily into the rack, I wonder if stainless steel is a convenient choice. Seems you would need to be very slow and gentle both when loading and unloading a stainless steel rack to prevent damage/destruction of fragile items. Plastic is less expensive, lighter in weight, less likely to damage your fragile items, and less likely to scratch the counter top.
On 02-01-2013 10:01, Peter wrote:

Not even my glassware is _that_ fragile.
You hired Ricochet Rabbit to do your dishes?
--
Wes Groleau

After the christening of his baby brother in church, Jason sobbed
Doug wrote:

If she's happy and you're not, you're still happier than if you were happy and she wasn't.

AMEN TO THAT !!! I can tell you speak from experience and know exactly how I think <grin>.
Doug wrote:

We men often CAN be "civilized".
I once heard a speaker say: "Let me answer the question always asked by the women in the audience: 'Why are all the good men married?' The answer is simple. It's marriage that makes them good. In looking for a husband, your best choice, believe it or not, is a man who has been married before. He's already half-trained."
On 02-01-2013 18:16, HeyBub wrote:

What are your odds for ech of the following?
1. He's a widower.
2. He'll treat you the same way he treated the one who couldn't tolerate it and left.
3. He couldn't tolerate her but he was too stupid to see what he was getting into.
4. He couldn't tolerate her because he's impossible to please.
The only one of those you want is the first and I'm not available. I still miss her too much.
The real reason "all the good men" are married (besides being an extreme exaggeration) is that the bad ones don't marry or don't stay married (equally exaggerated).
--
Wes Groleau

After the christening of his baby brother in church, Jason sobbed
On 1/31/2013 8:27 PM, Doug wrote:

Well, the alternatives of plastic and/or SS given, I'll throw out I just used a paint-on "dishwasher rack repair" coating on the joints of the (very) old DW rack and it seems to be holding up after a week or so since. If it'll stand the DW cycle for a while, surely it would handle the hand rack almost indefinitely I'd think.
I couldn't find it locally (this is a small market locale so that wasn't surprising) but Ace Hdwe has it on the web site and will ship to a local store for no charge. It was about $8 iirc -- of course for an inexpensive counter rack that may be a wash (so to speak :) ); for a $100+ replacement DW rack it seems worth a go...
BTW, the instructions say to remove rust to bare metal before recoating; being's as that's essentially impossible in a welded joint area as is where the rust generally starts I instead removed any loose rust, etc., cleaned w/ acetone to remove any grease and used a paint-on cold galvanizing treatment first to stabilize the rust.
I didn't try it since it was for the DW but I'd also think one of the tool handle dip or paint-on plastic coating products would work just fine as a repair, too...
(This is a.h._r_ after all... :) )

We use a plastic rack - several years old now as well as a 5 yr old dishwasher. My wife puts the rack in the dishwasher every couple of months to clean the rack. Our big problem is rust on the lower level rack in the dishwasher. I keep looking for old thrown-out dishwashers, but no luck yet. May have to buy one (shudder).

Stainless steel?