Disappearing Toilet Water

Hello,
Does anyone have any idea what may cause the water to disappear from the bowl section of a toilet? My toilet just started to loose water with no visible signs of the water anywhere on the floor? Could there me be a crack in the internal portion causing the water to go down the drain?
Any ideas on the cause and any solutions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
A bad toilet flapper, or if you have a plunger ball , old style unit , needs periodic replacement. Put some dye in the tank you will see it in the bowl. That is the easy way to find a leaking flapper.
Jeff Cirilis wrote:

If it only does this when other toilets (or fixtures) are flushed, it might be a clogged vent. But if it does it when nothing else is being used, there could well be an internal defect in the bowl. One other possibility is a foreign object caught in the bowl trap passage. Things like a small cloth or even wad of dental floss can cause water to "siphon" out of the trap by capillary action. Run a closet auger thru to see what comes out.
Jim
A blocked vent stack (bird nest, dead bird etc.) could result in the water being "sucked out" of the bowl by water going down connected drains...
John

Jeff,
I found high winds could cause this too happen. It's all about pressure differentials.
Ross
On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 02:02:21 GMT, "Jeff Cirilis"

Do you have a dog?
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland
Mebbe you need tighter water.