Disable venting for 'over the range' microwave

I would like to install an 'over the range' microwave under the cabinet, in an area that is not over the range. Because we will not need the venting, can the venting be turned off?
I am not sure if venting is necessary for microwave cooking. If the venting funtion is disabled, will it affect the cooking performance?
On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 13:53:18 -0700 (PDT), amateur_handman

Generally speaking the default vent is set for vent into the kitchen. If you vent outside the manual will explain this. It means changing the default vent setup ...whatever that is..

The venting is for the range, not the microwave. Since it is not going over a range, why not get a unit made for under counter or buy a kit that allows you to hang a regular microwave? It will save you a bundle of money. All you need is a shelf for a unit to sit on.

The venting will not affect the cooking, that is done via the microwaves and the venting is normally for the air over the stove and oven.

What you really want is a cabinet kit for a standard microwave. No, you don't need the range vent for the microwave, but why pay a premium for a combo unit?

*The vent fan is normally controlled by a separate switch. Just don't turn it on. Those microwave ovens have the option of being vented inside or outside. The installation instructions explain this.
Microwave venting is there to:
Vent cooking fumes from the microwave and the range/stove below the microwave. Try to keep the microwave electronics form being fried from high stove heat, like during a self cleaning cycle. Most over the range microwaves have a temp sensor that will auto turn on the built in vent fan.

I cannot warm up to people who are pompous, arrogant, deceitful,