Digging reservoir in shallow stream

Page 2 of 2
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 06:48:32 -0500, dnoyeB wrote:

This idea is concluded. I took a shovel in there to dig deeper and was instantly chased out by a swarm of mosquitoes. Even with copious amounts of repellent...

There might be a better time of the year to dig.

BTDT. Watered from a very small stream for years - only enough for one head and I had to watch close to shut the pump down when the hole I dug emptied. Mud? Yes, every spring or after any heavy rain I had to dig it out.
Have you checked how much water is flowing in that stream? From the description it doesn't sound like 18 gpm.
Harry K
On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 20:26:09 -0700, Harry K wrote:
about 2GPM. with my sump it becomes 12GPM. when the neighbors sump kicks in even higher.
its bursty