Difference bwtn: bluestone, flagstone, slate

Can anyone tell me what the difference between these three types of stone are? I inherited alot and I can't figure out which is what. What I was told was flagstone might be slate - little bit of a shine to it and sometimes breaks in layers. What I thought was bluestone could be flagstone. Any way to tell by looking at it or simple tests? Thanks.
Flagstone- limestone, almost white. Slate dark grey - grey green- greyr-red . Grey