Did I get kicked off this ng?

My last three posts didn't get posted. Maybe my post about "adult tinker toys" seemed like spam. Weird.

Oh, maybe that sounded like "adult" adult. They are things to put pipe and fence posts into furniture, etc. Can someone help me get back so I can post from my regular account?

I can see your posts. I don't believe this group is moderated.

Stop using google, and get a real newsreader.

You have an excellent news reader. The free one is perfect for text groups, just like this one.
Version 1.5/32.451 of your reader had a binary egg that allowed one to edit the *.exe file and be "a little anonymous" by a spoof.
-- Oren
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison
I use Outlook Express usually but am using Google because my posts don't show up from OE. They don't appear in Google when I post from OE either. I think my address has been blocked. This happened once before a few years ago on another ng ...

Newsgroups don't block people. Only your newsserver can block you.

Maybe your Parental Controls; have you out-of-bounds.
-- Oren

Call your ISP and bitch- your newsfeed is hosed. BTDT.
aem sends....
AKA gray asphalt wrote:

You are using Google Groups to post instead of a real new client (such as Outlook Express).
Google takes as long as a week to propagate posts.
Use a real newsreader.

I use google and my writings have always been promptly posted. If you use a news reader then how can you claim that google takes a week??

I suspecst anyone having problems posting from Google (I do) was caught like I was. Under the new format there is short pause before the post is accepted. If you don't wait for the "your post was successful", it doesn't show up. Took me a few days to find that out.
Harry K
Lawrence wrote:

I follow several low-volume newsgroups (mostly having to do with beavers). More than once a post has appeared in the six hours since I last checked the group and the post is dated up to five days prior. Investigation showed this "confused" post came via Google.
<...snipped...>

Ha, Outlook Express! That's rich!
plausible, and wrong." (Mencken)
Larry W wrote:

Sorry if you paid big bucks for Outlook.
Outlook uses Outlook Express for newsreading.

OE is not a news client IMO. I've used OE and real newsreaders. No comparison. I was an OE diehard.

OE is a great newsgroup client. What's it missing?

OE is an Octopus with tentacles, deeply embedded into your operating system and NOT a stand alone client. A Microsoft client for NNTP has NEVER been used on my system - at ANY time - and that's all I have I say about that.
-- Oren

Apparently the moderator of google groups allows and dis-allows posting on a helter skelter basis. Some ungodly things are allowed and then some reasonable things are not. For me I'm looking for another field to explore . Google has got to where it SUCKS...........