detecting leaks

Is there a way to detect if the pipes are leaking? I am planning to buy a home which has a history of water damage. So although they say the house has been fixed, I was wondering if there is a way to detect, without a trip to plumber.

Thanks

Reply to
Slain

NO

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

If you know what you're about, you could shut off the main, drain all the pipes, blow them out and pressurize them with air through a hose bib adaptor/gauge and observe the leak down rate overnight.

If you don't feel competant to do that then bring a professional to the house, that's much easier than taking the house on a trip to the plumber as you suggested.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia