detecting leaks

Is there a way to detect if the pipes are leaking? I am planning to buy a home which has a history of water damage. So although they say the house has been fixed, I was wondering if there is a way to detect, without a trip to plumber.
Thanks

NO
Slain wrote:

If you know what you're about, you could shut off the main, drain all the pipes, blow them out and pressurize them with air through a hose bib adaptor/gauge and observe the leak down rate overnight.
If you don't feel competant to do that then bring a professional to the house, that's much easier than taking the house on a trip to the plumber as you suggested.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)