Delta T on good running A/C unit

Hello, What is typical reading of Delta T when system is running well? What is low limit which needs attention. Just starting the unit for the season. TIA,

Reply to
Tony Hwang

If you mean the cold air coming out vs the warm air going into the return, I'd say high teens to low 20's delta. But there are probably a lot of variables.

Reply to
trader_4

The cold air should be 15 to 20 degrees colder than the warm air going into the returns.

If it's very humid, there will be much less temperature difference.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hi, Thanks. It measures 71 and 50 deg. OK for another season I guess?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

As long as it's 71 going in and 50 coming out, yes. If it's the other way around, then I think something is wrong.....

Reply to
trader_4

OK for another season I guess?

Just for giggles, get the $89 special and see what they break. On second thought....

Reply to
Stormin Mormon