Dealing with sand paint in a bathroom

We have a small full bathroom that is presently painted with a sand finish paint that is peeling in places. Would anybody have any recommendations on how to finish the walls with a minimum of effort?

Reply to
jtpr

If you don't want the sand texture, it seems to me you have two choices. You could continue scraping off the paint completely. If there's sheetrock underneath, you won't be able to use brute force without gouging the surface, although that can be patched with putty. Or, you could skim coat the whole thing with drywall mud, but getting it nice & even will probably land you in a psych ward. I'd go with the first option if it were mine.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Cover the whole room with duct tape. Then paint it, or just use colored tape and you dont need to paint.

Reply to
rassmussen