Danger from sewer gas when soldering copper drain?

I need to repair a copper drain in an upstairs bath by re-sweating a fitting. The house has a septic system with properly vented plumbing stacks through the roof. Is there a danger of igniting sewer gases when sweating this fitting?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Travelover

Trav,

The trap should be blocking the sewer gas. Is it working? What do you smell?

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

What do you think would happen if the sewer gas DID ignite?

Reply to
HeyBub

Dave, I'm downstream from the trap, in the wall. I don't smell any sewer gas.

Reply to
Tom

BOOM!!!!

Reply to