Danger from sewer gas when soldering copper drain?

I need to repair a copper drain in an upstairs bath by re-sweating a fitting. The house has a septic system with properly vented plumbing stacks through the roof. Is there a danger of igniting sewer gases when sweating this fitting?
Thanks in advance.
Trav,
The trap should be blocking the sewer gas. Is it working? What do you smell?
Dave M.
Dave, I'm downstream from the trap, in the wall. I don't smell any sewer gas.

Travelover wrote:

What do you think would happen if the sewer gas DID ignite?
BOOM!!!!
--
Christopher A. Young . .
face=Arial size=2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Travelover wrote:<BR>&gt; I need to repair a copper drain in an upstairs bath by re-sweating a<BR>&gt; fitting.&nbsp; The house has a septic system with properly vented plumbing<BR>&gt; stacks through the roof. Is there a danger of igniting sewer gases<BR>&gt; when sweating this fitting?<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Thanks in advance.<BR><BR>What do you think would happen if the sewer gas DID ignite? <BR><BR></FONT></BODY></HTML> ------=