Dah

.- .-. . , - .... . .-. . , .- -. .-.., .... .- -- ..., .... . .-. ., ..--..
On 12/15/2015 10:16 AM, Eagle wrote:

I still know my code

--, .
Uncle Monster wrote on 12/16/2015 :

First phone? Do you remember your call?

A R E,T H E R E, A N .-.., H A M ..., H ER .,?
I WAS NO ARMATURE, I HAD A FIRST PHONE. THE FC C DOESN'T EVEN ISSUE THE LICENSE ANYMORE.
UNCLE RADIO MONSTER
Translated by: http://www.onlineconversion.com/morse_code.htm
snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

HAM since 1960. ex-HM1AY HM1AY/XV5 1st class HAM in Korea VE6CGX Advanced class with digital endorsement Passed US Extra class test never got a US call sign. Still active. mostly on CW.

If you are talking first phone in the US, there was no call for that . Totally different things. Commercial vers amature.

I had one with I was 22 but never did anything with it except repair a buch of the CBs back when they cost a lot of money. At that time I had never even seen a TV transmitter. Thought I wanted to get into the 2 way work so when signing up for the 2 nd class test it cost a dollar more for the First Class so took it and passed. It was not very difficult at all compaired to the 2 nd class.
Found I could make more working for a large company that had a good retirement plan. BAck then they wanted to pay about $ 6 an hour and no benefits for the 2 way repair work and I was maing $ 8 and a good retirement plan.
The CBs were done at home for extra money for a few years. Mostly just as a hobby.