Cutting plastic sewer pipe below a concrete slab

I dont think the toilet flange was installed right. Shouldnt the flange be on the concrete instead of on top of the ceramic tile???

Reply to
JIMMIE

Oops

Reply to
Oren

Dean Hoffman wrote in news:hkl5n3$hps$1 @speranza.aioe.org:

Disclainer: I'm no plumber nor very experienced at it.

Would the lip set the stage for clogging????

The pipe for a toilet is 3" sched 40? If this is true, I found some chart that says the internal diameter is 3.068.

Sched 40 wall thickness is about 1/4" (.216 according to the table) I take it. If you put an internal coupling (assume it's sched 40 like the pipe?) then the drain reduces a half inch at the coupling. Roughly, diameter is reduced 16% the internal flow area is reduced from 7.39 sq in to 5.18 sq in. or 30%.

Maybe couplings for schd 40 are thinner wall than the pipe?

Reply to
Red Green

Beats me. I just know they exist. My plumbing experience is limited to the few things I've had to repair for myself.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman