Craftsman lawnmower replacement wheel

Sears-Craftsman's Web site is pretty useless unless one just gets lucky, and Google searches haven't helped. I need a 7" wheel for my Craftsman rear bagger (walk-behind) and I can't even find a reference to the particular mower I have, much less identify a replacement wheel. Anybody have any suggestions about where to look or who to call? There aren't any Sears department or parts stores within 40 miles of me (and I've found their parts & service stores to be pretty clueless in the past anyway), so I'd prefer not to go that (probably unsuccessful) route unless I can't at least find a part number some other way.
TIA, 'Sporky'
BTW, the mower model number is 917 383270 . . . not that I can find any reference to such a number anywhere on Sears' site. 917 seems to have been a catch-all for a lot of different products, including a lawn tractor (which this is not).
Sporkman wrote:

Got a model number for the mower? I've never had this fail: http://www3.sears.com/

I've always had great luck with/ the Sears parts site. I think it's really well done. All you need is the model number (printed somewhere on the product) and you can find whatever you want. They'll even show you diagrams to help you find the appropriate part.
Brad
If www3.sears.com (Sears parts) doesn't work, I would think that lawn mower wheels might be fairly universal. Check the Borg stores (Home Depot, Lowes, etc.) to see what they have.
By the way, the "917" is the Sears code for the company that actually made the mower. In this case: 917 Roper Corp. (American Yard Prod.) http://www.frigidaire.com /
This information was obtained by doing a Yahoo search for "Sears manufacurer codes". If you are certain of the catalog number and still cannot find it on www3.sears.com, then try the Frigidaire link and I would guess look for customer service.
Wayne

Or find a local lawn mower repair.
Wayne

Someone already found you the part so I would add that it is a great site to find parts though I discovered that you should not believe a part is unavailable just because the site says so. Some older parts are still available by phone for some reason even though the web site says they are no longer stocked.

Art wrote:

I also had an episode where the replacement parts now had a different part number than the original part with a slightly different design. As such, I had to do some fine tuning of assorted plastic bits to get the replacement brushes to my electric mower to fall into place. Three years later and the $20 that I spent is still going strong.
Mike
Sporkman wrote:

under that model number the information will come up.

First, the model number is 917.383270 you need the period. In Sears' numbering system the first three digits identity the manufacturer. Sears generally avoids identifying the Mfg., but sometimes they will tell you, and then you have another source.
I hope this helps.
Alan Muller
You don't necessarily need the period, but if you don't put it in, then make sure there are no spaces in the number.
Wayne

Alan Muller wrote:

First three is the department number, not manufacturer.
I still suffer from the flashbacks of seeing the Christmas time trucks from Manteno arriving... I swear that warehouse has a way that they stand the trailer on its front end and just dump crap in. 50 feet of miscellaneous junk and usually not more than 1 pallet in the entire load. :)
Mike
Make some calls for "lawn mower repair". Many mower shops have catalogs of stuff th at's available.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus