Cracks in slab info

Hello,
I just bought a house in Santee, CA, known for expansive soils. After pulling up some carpet, I found 2 hariline 1/16" cracks running across one of the rooms. ( an addon, which was to code ). The house is 30 years old, the addon is 8 years old. I haven't pulled carpet from the original structure yet. The largest width mesaured at any point in the cracks is 1/16". The crack "splits apart' and the sides are totally level with one over, not an up/down situation.
Is this a concern?
On 2/1/2005 12:59 AM US(ET), steeda took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

All concrete slabs crack under the right conditions. Both my 20 year old 2 car garage and basement have cracks in the concrete. Not 1/16" wide though, maybe 1/64". Just enough to see. Even when sidewalks and patios are built outside, the contractors put grooves in the concrete to control cracks.
--
Bill

steeda wrote:

ALL concrete can, and will, crack. That's why they put wire or rebar imbedded in the concrete - so that when it does crack it won't cause problems. Bob S.
steeda wrote:

No
--
dadiOH