Corner Bead Installation Q's

In the drywall stage of my basement. I have a couple of situtations where two or even three outside edges meet (around the soffit). Do I miter the edges of the metal to meet up flush with each other, or do I leave them square?
Larry Bud wrote:

Miter.
Larry Bud wrote:

While either may work; square can make the result too thick to finish properly, so I suggest mitering. The miter need not be precise.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Joseph Meehan wrote:

How about in the situation above a door way, for example, where an inside corner meets?
You have the horizontal piece coming together with a vertical piece.
Would you do a "reverse" miter? Where the material on the edge sticks our farther than the corner?
Larry Bud wrote:

Nope. Those "wing" adds nothing. Use a piece of joint tape diagonally across the corner of the two pieces. It'll prevent most cracking at that point.
RicodJour wrote:

Thanks for quick and concise answers!
Larry Bud wrote:

You're welcome. Now let's just hope they're correct. ;)
Larry Bud wrote:

You're welcome. Now let's just hope they're correct. ;)

I always like to cut off the bead (hump) and overlap the edge pieces where the nails go. Prevents cracking if the two metal pieces overlap. A grinder takes off the bead.