Corner Bead Installation Q's

In the drywall stage of my basement. I have a couple of situtations where two or even three outside edges meet (around the soffit). Do I miter the edges of the metal to meet up flush with each other, or do I leave them square?

Reply to
Larry Bud

Miter.

RicodJour

While either may work; square can make the result too thick to finish properly, so I suggest mitering. The miter need not be precise.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

How about in the situation above a door way, for example, where an inside corner meets?

You have the horizontal piece coming together with a vertical piece.

Would you do a "reverse" miter? Where the material on the edge sticks our farther than the corner?

Reply to
Larry Bud

Nope. Those "wing" adds nothing. Use a piece of joint tape diagonally across the corner of the two pieces. It'll prevent most cracking at that point.

RicodJour

Thanks for quick and concise answers!

Reply to
Larry Bud

You're welcome. Now let's just hope they're correct. ;)

RicodJour

You're welcome. Now let's just hope they're correct. ;)

RicodJour

I always like to cut off the bead (hump) and overlap the edge pieces where the nails go. Prevents cracking if the two metal pieces overlap. A grinder takes off the bead.

Reply to
maradcliff