Cordless Drill with Best Batteries/Charger under $125?

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com said...

I didn't know anybody made an 18V drill 8 years ago.
Might be 7 years then. I bought it shortly after I moved into my current house which makes it 7 years. Sometimes I count badly. Mine came in a kit with the saw and flashlight but the drill was available separately. Best prices are this time of year which is when I got it. Came with 2 batteries and both sat for years before I bothered to open the box and now use it very intermittently and both always hold a great charge after an hour in the charger.
said...

is
Frank,
It was more than $125, but the DeWalt 12V cordless drill my wife gave me as a b-day present in Feb 1998 has held up extremely well. I'm still using the original two batteries that came with it and they seem as good now as they were in 1998. And I don't particularly treat them well either .... sometimes when starting a project, I'll swap the half depleted battery in the drill for the fresh one that's sitting in the charger (rather than completely draining it first). Doesn't seem to have affected the amount of charge they hold. Oh, and the battery that is not in the drill stays in the charger which is plugged in 24x7. No worries.
I don't use the drill commercially but I have used it for lots of holes and 1000's of deck screws. No complaints ... I'm happy.
- Bruce

A few months ago I bought a Craftsman 19.2 volt drill. I bought it in there parts/repair department so it or one of the components is refurbished in someway. It came with the drill, 2 batteries, charger, flahslight (uses same batery as drill), a cordless scredriver with charger (sausage shaped ones), two screwdriver bits, and a wide mouthed canvas bag. Out the door - $98.00 and it is still under warrenty.
Greg