Connecting PVC to EMT

I have a 1/2" PVC that is from the outside (for outside receptacle and pool light) that comes up to the inside of the exterior wall and I need to connect that to 1/2" EMT to go to the switch. What is the proper connector to connect 1/2" EMT to 1/2" PVC? Do I just use the standard EMT connector with set screws? Or is there a special connector for this?
Thanks,
MC
Add pictures here
✖

I'd use an EMT box connector on the end of the EMT and a female adapter on the PVC.
EMT connector threads are so forgiving, they'll screw right into pipe thread.
cheers Bob
Add pictures here
✖
MiamiCuse wrote:

This is what I have done. Put an EMT compression coupler on the EMT. Remove the inner compression ring and outer nut from the other end of the coupler. Solvent weld (glue) a female threaded end on the PVC and connect them together.
Or you could put a 1/2 male threaded end on the PVC and use a female threaded pipe coupler between the compression coupler and PVC fitting.
Or instead of a pipe coupler you could use a junction box or 'pull' box.
In all cases you would need to solvent weld an end onto the PVC.
There may be a better way or special fittings I don't know? Kevin
Add pictures here
✖

Use a metal handy box with a ground screw so you can bond the EMT.
Add pictures here
✖
On Feb 8, 8:43 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Good point, about the handy box ....... but depending on how long the EMT run is to the another bonding point, it may not be necessary?
cheers Bob
Add pictures here
✖

That will ultimately be up to your AHJ but most inspectors want metal wiring methods bonded at both ends.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

What would they cite if they tag it?
--
bud--

Add pictures here
✖

250.96
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Seems like a stretch. Most EMT is only connected to a ground/bond 'source' at one end anyway.
--
bud--

Add pictures here
✖

*Put a female adaptor on the PVC and screw an EMT connector into that.
Add pictures here
✖

Apparently that is a code violation per the inspector. I was supposed to make the transition via a pullbox.
This wasnt a real inspection, I had added a circuit in my shop and my friend who is a local inspector was over visiting and said that waht I did was illegal. Im not sure if this was local code or national that I was in violation of.
Jimmie
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:47:14 -0800 (PST), JIMMIE

a female adaptor on the PVC and screw an EMT connector into that is not a violation of the code.
It is a pretty standard way to do it.
Add pictures here
✖

Apparently that is a code violation per the inspector. I was supposed to make the transition via a pullbox.
This wasnt a real inspection, I had added a circuit in my shop and my friend who is a local inspector was over visiting and said that waht I did was illegal. Im not sure if this was local code or national that I was in violation of.
*As long as the EMT is grounded at the other end it should be acceptable. A grounding conductor would need to be pulled for the PVC end.
Add pictures here
✖