concrete slab porch "rocks"

I have a raised porch with a concrete slab app. 6ft by 4 ft. The concrete slab moves when stepped on, not enough to be unsafe, it just wobbles slightly. Inspection indicates the fill under the slab has settled, and the left hand corner of the slab goes down slightly when stepped on. Before I have the slab broken up and repoured, I was wondering if there was any method for injecting some substance under the left hand corner to fill the void there. Has anyone expereienced a similar situation and been able to solve it without complete removal and replacement? Thanks for any advice.

Harold

maytonh@cox"dot"net

replace the "dot" to respond

Reply to
harold

A skilled slabjacker can work wonders. Check your yellow pages. They do exactly what you mention -- they inject a slurry under pressure, usually through a hole they've drilled into the concrete. It leaves a dimple, but it beats replacing a boatload of concrete.

Reply to
Robert Barr