Concrete Patio Pad wire

I'm about to pour a concrete pad for my patio, 10' X 18' X 3.5" with wire mesh. My question concerns the wire mesh I bought last year. It has surface rust. Is it just scrap now or can I still use it for the pad successfully?

I have seen plenty of rusty wire/rebar go into slabs. I would only be concerned if this slab was going to supports the second floor of my home.. Which we all know your not going to do.

Use it as is. Be sure and keep it up and off of the dirt or sand base. It needs to be 'in' the slab and not touching the ground.