Concrete overlays

Need help again . Any information regarding concrete overlays with stencil patterns? My patio and stair well are concrete ,but are really beat up--dirt some chips etc no deep cracks. I live in the Chicago area and concerned as to how this is going to hold up. Sales guy claims the material will not lift ,crack only if concrete has major crack. Not cheap but MUCH less than new concrete. Frank
from buffalo ny: our winters will not allow this type of a shortcut.