Composite decking material - which is best

I'l be having a deck replaced, both back and front, and was strongly considering Trex.
I've heard that many users have been disatisfied because they've found that the Trex decking gets hot.
Both decks I plan to replace are in fairly shady areas, but still, I'd like to hear thoughts on what the best decking materials are.
I want little or no maintenance, and, since ther is some shade where I have the decking now and there is some mildewing, I want something that resists that.
Banty
I looked at Trex but found it "waxy" in feel, it was soft and my fingernail could gouge out the surface, it also had poor joist spanning ability, needing extra joists to support it.
Went with a Canadian product called "Life Long", but there are others out there that have a hard surface and are stronger than Trex so that you don't have to add joists to support it.
I did use Trex for handrails as it is solid and could have the edges and ends routed for appearance. Other brands had cavities that ran the length of the material.

considering
that the

like to

have the

that.
Banty wrote:

I put Trex on my rear deck, sounded great. One problem it looks ugly now, it will look ugly tomorrow, and it will look just as ugly in ten years. I'm ripping it out and putting in redwood. I'll use the old Trex for a floor in my 2nd greenhouse. BTW the stuff is man made so I expected an easy install - wrong! The stuff is as wavy and twisted as real wood. It took forever with a pry bar to get it aligned and fastened down. YVMV. Dave