Companies that Stand Behind Their Products

Page 2 of 2
On Thu, 18 Feb 2016 10:24:02 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

Physter sent me a new cartridge which works fine. The old one had gotten really hard to move with the handle. I took the old one apart and it seemed like all it needed was some new grease on the surface of the ceramic disks. I wiped the disks clean and they are so perfectly smooth that when I put them together I could hardly get them back apart they stuck so well to each other because of the perfect smoothness. Almost like magnets. I greased it and if feels like new but the real new one is already installed so now I have one more "part" to store.
On Monday, February 15, 2016 at 5:02:22 PM UTC-5, SeaNymph wrote:

It's not just about the product being as advertised, it's also about customer satisfaction in general. In some cases, it's not about the company that made the product, but the retailer that you bought it from.
I bought an $300 appliance from Bed Bath & Beyond as a Christmas gift for SWMBO and I. The product is everything it was advertised to be. It works just like the manufacturer said it would. It just so happens that it is not to our liking for reasons unrelated to specific issues with the unit. (e.g. it's bigger than we expected, it has features that we've determined that we don't need, etc.) In other words, while the product itself is well worth the $300 price tag, it's not worth $300 to us.
With no questions asked BB&B took it back and refunded the total amount. Not store credit but cold hard cash. Apparently they will honor this type of return for a full year after the purchase. It was purchased on line and they would have paid for return shipping if I had chosen to ship it back as opposed to taking it into a store. Now that's customer service.
On 2/17/2016 9:23 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I agree. Seems like a win/win for everyone.
The problem with the case I bought was that it was not as long as described. I purchased it from one of Browning preferred online dealers, because it's much cheaper to buy it that way than from Browning directly. The length of the case was very important because the rifle is long, and that's not even taking the scope into account.
I spoke to Browning, more to tell them about the problem because I had already arranged to send it back to the retailer I purchased it from. Browning sent me a shipping label and once they received the case, immediately sent out a new one, which they measured before sending it. Worked for me.
On 2/17/2016 11:33 AM, SeaNymph wrote:

Manufacturers have a stake in their customer's happiness -- at least if they want to remain viable and respected (not all do, apparently).
We bought a mattress+boxspring, recently (from that national chain that has been buying up all its competitors). It arrived wrapped in plastic inside a *box*.
Delivery gorillas removed it from box out in the street. Why they didn't carry the semi-rigid box up to the front door and unpack it THERE is a mystery to me!
Now they've got a large, bulky, "flexible" item in a slick, LOOSE plastic wrapper that they have to somehow manhandle up to the front door and then through the house to the bedroom. They weren't out of the street before they had ripped the plastic and dropped the mattress into the dirt (having rained earlier)!
And, were annoyed that we noted the condition on delivery -- instead of just signing on the dotted line.
That wunnerful (sarcasm, here!) national chain said that was not acceptable and we were justified in our dissatisfaction. "We'll send out a replacement tomorrow!" (or maybe it was two days later?)
Replacement arrives. I greet the truck in the roadway -- just like the previous.
Hmmm... this mattress is NOT in a box. And, the plastic wrapping looks like it isn't original. OK, don't jump to conclusions... they may have a reason for this!
Get the REPLACEMENT mattress in the house and, "Gee, look at that? It's (top layer) actually been TORN!" And, they want me to think it came from the manufacturer that way? <grin>
So, we refused the delivery. Now we're stuck with the original soiled mattress.
Talk to manufacturer. They are upset that one of their "agents" has tarnished their "user experience" and will GLADLY ship us out a replacement cover (it's a sort of quilt that zips off -- with a bit of work). "Please place the old cover in the box that the replacement arrives in and use the preprinted shipping label to return it to us."
We bought another "set" just last week. You can bet we didn't use that "national chain that has been buying up all of its competitors"! :>
On 2/17/2016 1:00 PM, Don Y wrote:

<read and snipped for brevity>
That sort of non stop hassle is frustrating. Luckily, I don't think I've ever had anything go so far south.
I was worried about the gun safe when it was delivered. The guys who brought it backed their truck and trailer down my driveway, which is not an easy task. They had the safe in the house, unpacked and set in place in a matter of minutes. They explained what needed to be explained and asked me if I wanted them to remove the box. I said no because we wanted to keep it for our grandson.
After they left, I called the moving company and told them that these guys were excellent :)
On 2/17/2016 1:19 PM, SeaNymph wrote:

We try not to complain (nor praise!) over the phone. It's too easy for your words to end up on the "wrong" ears.
If it's worth griping (or singing!), then we take the time to compose a letter. In our experience, people seem to give more credibility to something that's taken "visible" effort to prepare (i.e., anyone can dial a phone and rant; taking time to organize your thoughts into a "presentation" shows some extra value).
It also gives us a record of what we said, etc.
On 2/17/2016 6:51 PM, Don Y wrote:

I think you may be right about that. I was asked recently to put my thoughts about a company in writing so they could share it with their employees. I did.
On Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 8:16:57 AM UTC-5, SeaNymph wrote:

There is a local chain of gas/lube/wash locations in my area. I have been using a particular location for many years. In the past year I have experienced 3 different issues with 3 different vehicles involving 3 different employees, all related to services at the lube shop. (Grease on my carpets, a billing issue and possibly the use of the wrong oil).
While each of the issues (other than the incorrect oil) are minor when viewed individually, 3 problems caused by 3 different employees could indicate a systemic problem with the management of the shop. To put my concerns in writing, I used the feedback utility on the company's website. After I submitted the form, there was a message saying "Thank you for your feedback. One of our representatives will respond within 48 hours."
It has been now been 5 days and no one has contacted me. I will be following up, this time adding their non-responsiveness to my list of issues.
On 2/18/2016 8:40 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I don't imagine you will be goin back either. Certainly sounds like they don't care.
On Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 1:38:33 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Not unless they send me a ton of free oil change coupons. At that point I'll try a different location to see how it goes.
The grease and the billing error were kind of acceptable mistakes...things happen. The only real downside was that it took 2-3 times longer than it should have for both oil changes and I am not a patient man.
The most recent error was a bit more serious. It was the first time I had taken SWMBO's Honda Element into that location. That meant that they had to add the vehicle to my account. When he came out with the bill, he told me that he had entered the wrong model but that it didn't matter, because the engines are the same and they use the same oil. I calmly (as much as I could) told him that a Honda Pilot does not have the same engine as a Honda Element, nor does the Element use 5W-30 oil. "Oh, I used 5W-20, not 5W-30, it just says that on the bill."
I then calmly (sort of) handed him the keys back and told him to re-do the oil change (including the filter) and to make sure that the next bill he gave me had all the correct information on it. I keep all the maintenance records my vehicles and I didn't need a bill showing an oil change for a vehicle that I not own.
When I got home I (calmly) logged into their website and informed them of my experiences. I'll give them one more day to respond. If I don't see a response by tomorrow morning, I'll be on the phone with their corporate office.
On 2/18/2016 1:57 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Awesome! I'd probably respond in a similar way about contacting corporate.
--
Maggie

On Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 1:38:33 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

An update:
I just called their corporate office. When I explained that no one has contacted me since last Sunday, the (very nice) gentleman searched for my feedback by last name, telephone number and email address, all of which were required fields on the feedback page. He was not able to find my feedback.
In an effort to ensure that I hadn't done anything wrong on my end, I entered a short "feedback test" on their website while he was on the phone. When I was done I saw the same "Thank you for your feedback. A representative will contact you within 48 hours" message. Since this message does not appear until after the form has been submitted, I felt comfortable that I done everything correctly on my end.
Once again the (very nice) gentleman searched for my feedback by last name, telephone number and email address. He was not able to find my most recent feedback. "There seems to be a problem with the link between the website and our claims department. I will report that issue immediately."
I (calmly) explained to him that it does not make his company look very good when feedback is submitted, a response is promised, and the feedback apparently ends up in a digital shit can.
He apologized profusely and gave me an email address directly to the claims department with the promise that if I sent my feedback to that email address it will not be ignored. I (calmly) told him that not only would I send them the feedback about the issues at the specific lube shop, I would now include some feedback about the inner workings of their feedback site.
It appears that the sloppy management practices that I hoped were limited to a specific lube shop may indeed be a much bigger problem.
DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

Well, you are making progress. Is this a franchise place? The owner for your area-he may own one or several-determines the quality. They can be subject to web site vagaries same as any company. See what happens next and report back...
--
Tekkie

On Friday, February 19, 2016 at 3:47:28 PM UTC-5, Tekkie(R) wrote:

From their FAQ:
"Are the locations franchised?
No. We are a family owned and operated business headquartered in City, St. Remaining family owned allows us to maintain the great service and quality we've become famous for."
Something is slipping, both at this specific location and on their corporate website.
On 2/17/2016 2:00 PM, Don Y wrote:

If it is that sleepy kind of chain they have a lot of BBB complaints. I'd not set foot in their store.
On 2/17/2016 1:25 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

No, it's not that FIRM. ;-)
On Wed, 17 Feb 2016 12:00:01 -0700, Don Y

Thanks for the long story. Without knowing the "national chain" so we can benefit from that story, it's useless to me.
On 2/18/2016 3:46 AM, Joe Jones wrote:

If/when you "go looking", you will quickly discover who they are; based exactly on my comments!
Don Y posted for all of us...

I don't have a clue either. Just tell us.
--
Tekkie

On 2/17/2016 9:23 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I've had good experiences with BB&B, too, purchasing things there, and when I had to return one thing to them.
--
Maggie