Commercial bathroom walls

Small office building is fitted out with metal studs and that "cardboard panel" (1/2"? thick) wall material. Ceilings are all 2x4 acoustic tiles.
The bathroom in a small office building uses some kind of thin (3/16"?) plastic material for the walls.
Can you help me identify this material? Is there such a material commonly used for this purpose?
This is in USA.
Thanks,
--
John English

John E. wrote:

Don't know what they call that stuff but I have seen it. they also use it in dairy barns and is probably required in both cases. they have it at the borg. it is a type of paneling.
In a previous post John E. wrote...

Generically it's called FRP (Fiber Reinforced Plastic) paneling.
--
Bob Morrison, PE, SE
R L Morrison Engineering Co
John E. wrote:

Thanks, guys. I didn't know where to start. Kinda' hard to google if ya' don't know the terms...
Thanks again,
--
John English

FRP should be available at any commercial drywall supply house, good lumber yards, and some box stores. Typically stocked in limited colors (white and almond) and stocked as 4x8 and 4x10. Trim pieces include cap strip, H mold, and inside and outside corners.
There are many more colors available, but take some time to get. It is also available bonded to plywood, wafer board, drywall, rigid foam, etc. ______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

Thus spake DanG:

-=-=-=-
How is it attached to the studs? A cursory look showed no screws on the outside surface.
Adhesive?
Thanks,
--
John English

Yes, adhesive. At least one I know of specifically for FRP is by Liquid Nails, coincidentally: http://www.liquidnails.com/ViewProductDetails.do?productId &
John E. wrote:

In a previous post John E. wrote...

FRP panels are generally glued to a substrate like moisture resistant drywall or tile backer board. It is possible to find plywood with an FRP overlay, but this type of product is not generally available.
--
Bob Morrison, PE, SE
R L Morrison Engineering Co

It's glued on. I helped install a bunch of that stuff in a gigantic pie freezer at a Sara Lee factory and we backed up the adhesive with little white plastic anchors (the type where the installer needs to pre-drill the holes and then tap in the little pin to get the anchor to grab).
This stuff is about $10 a sheet at Home Depot, and they usually stock the glue right by the paneling-in-question.