coatings for cinderblock

I wanted stucco walls for my new garage, but the contractor didn't design it correctly - now I have hardyplank over frame with an exposed cinderblock foundation. The cinderblock gap between the hardyplank and the concrete footer ranges from a few inches to a couple of feet. Painting the garage, I'd still like to make the foundation look smooth, like stucco. I'm told there's a paint/mortar mix that can be applied as a thin layer, and will fill in the mortar joints on the cinderblock, leaving a smooth texture.
Any suggestions?
Rees wrote:

There is a latex stucco patch (DAP?) that is great for patching, used on cinder block in FL. Have no idea how it performs in cold climate or whether it is suitable for entire surfaces. Fun to play with :o)

Get your masonry contractor to stucco it (AKA parging if it is untextured). If you feel lucky you could ry it yourself but it won't take long to figure out there is a trick to it. HD and Lowes sells bags of premixed stucco mix.