Clleaning a Laundry basin sink

Over the years my plastic/fiberglass basin sink has accumulated a lot of stains and paint spots. This is where I rinse out the paint brushes and paint pans. What's the best way to clean this up to make it look like new? I thought of using sand paper. Is there an easier way? thanks for your help

Reply to
JB

Well they tend to have problems with stains. You don't use sand paper to clean them In fact if you have used many commercial cleaners, the gritty ones, you likely have damaged it and contributed to the problem.

Frankly I doubt if you are going to get the stains out. It's a laundry sink, think of it as a patina which in future years will bring back memories of all the good times.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Had the same problem. Went to Home Depot and bought another laundry sink for $39 and replaced the old one.

Reply to
JerryL

Try simple green full strength, with an plastic scrubber. If it works it will take several sessions

Reply to
SQLit

I am no expert at house cleaning, but I just cleaned my laundry tub the other day. I used TPS (Trisodium phosphate) bought at Rona for $1.50 (in Canada). Home Depot may something similar. It cleans the tub well. I also used it to clean my deck.

Reply to
gardin