Cleaning stove top

I have a gas stove that gets baked on stains around one of the burners (the one that's used most for frying). I have tried Fantastik, 409, and Magic Erasers and I still can't get all of the stain off. Is there anything SAFE that will dissolve the stain?
---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire (44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')
---MIKE--- wrote:

What is the stain on? Yeah, I know, the stove but is the stain on iron, glass, stainless steel, paint...?
About the easiest thing as long as there is no paint is lye; can of Easy Off should do it.
--

dadiOH
I have a gas stove that gets baked on stains around one of the burners (the one that's used most for frying). I have tried Fantastik, 409, and Magic Erasers and I still can't get all of the stain off. Is there anything SAFE that will dissolve the stain?
---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire (44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')
If it is porcelain, and it's not too bad, and is still smooth, I use a single bladed razor blade on my porcelain enameled Bosch. Spray with some 409 or Mean and Green, or whatever I got, let it sit, then carefully scrape. A little scour pad after that, or some steel wool. Just go slow and take it easy.
Steve