Cleaning a popcorn ceiling dirty with grease

Help! My ex moved out and I'm selling the house but she left me with a little problem. In her attempts to cook she managed to get the popcorn ceiling dirty with grease. It's kind of like a greasy cobweb....in a fit of desparation I took my shop vac to it and it won't come off without taking the popcorn with it. Any ideas as to what I should do?
TIA
Drew
Ratatattat wrote:

Rent a power paint sprayer (or buy one of the Wagner power painters - they'll work OK for this job).
Apply one coat of a sealer such as Bin. Let dry, and cover with a latex ceiling paint.

Scrape it off and paint with plain old ceiling white. Comes off easiest when dampened a bit. Damp, not saturated. Ed

Make a decision right now.
Removing a spray texture ceiling, at this stage is relatively easy. Messy, but easy. Spray it with water, then scrape. The texture materia will come right off. Then you can respray or apply a different cover.
IF you paint it one time, removing the texture material becomes a royal pain in the butt. If you ever need to re-spray, for instance, an area is repaired because of a leak, a painted texturized ceiling becomes much more complicated.
James...