Choosing a HOT WATER RECIRCULATOR for QUICK HOT WATER DELIVERY or for HOT WATER ON D'MAND is now a whole lot easier.

Posting the findings / results of extensive research done throughout the internet. I'm sure that this will be of some use to those interest.
http://www.redytemp.com/ComparisonChart.pdf
Seems more than a little biased, oh wait that was the manufacturer sending this info, or spam.

<sigh> Here we go again! Since I never received a reply to my query the last time this cheesy device was hawked on the newsgroup, perhaps the answer will now be forthcoming.
Once again... I really would like to know how long it took the 10 year old girl to install a dedicated branch circuit with a GFCI receptacle underneath the sink? More than 10 minutes?

And disconnect the plumbing lines (of course they have to be the quick disconnect kind) or your still in for plumbing work. The motor is smaller than the chillypepper but delivers the water quicker? How did he bend the laws of physics on that one? Just curious is all, 1/40=.025 hp 1/3= .33hp yet it out does the chillypepper by more than triple woohoo! Gotta send my chilipepper to the dumpster and order one of these for 50% more $$, NOT..

ot a link for that Chilipepper?

http://www.chilipepperapp.com /
Its a little loud but does a nice job for me in my two story house with my bathroom at the opposite corner from the water heater.

A review of the website shows the movie of the installation. The installation couldn't be easier. The power and efficiency differences between the chilipepper and the RedyTemp is a matter of engineering and components used.
The Chilipepper is a On-Demand / Push Button. The RedyTemp does not require a push button activation, but it can be configured to operate as one if the owner desires that type of system.
I'm sure the serious readers of this message can see that the responses from fictitious email addresses are just that with their opinions...fictitious ...

What's a "fictitious opinion?"
Most names here are not real . But the opinions are very real.
Who's this SQLit character? First he responds with the below message where he stated that "IT WORKED FINE FOR A FEW YEARS" but then he states that due to the cheap timer which wouldn't keep time, this is amazing...."HE OPENED UP THE UNIT AND PUT IN (soldered) A TIMER RELAY" because of a timer that wouldn't keep time?
Then later SEE SECOND MESSAGE...he posts that "IT WORKED FLAWLESSLY FOR ABOUT 18 MONTHS THEN IT CRAPPED. THE DEALER WAS LESS THEN HELPFUL"
Does this guy Mr. SQLit actually expect the dealer to help him out AFTER HE HAD MODIFIED THE CIRCUITRY BY SOLDERING IN A TIMER RELAY? Is this guy for real???
Maybe SQLit stands for SHOULD QUESTION LEGITIMACY OF HIS POSTINGS...or maybe it stands for SHOULD QUIT LYING =============================================SQLit          Posts: n/a
Re: Hot water recirculator

I had one of these in my last house. Worked flawlessly for about 18 months then it crapped. The dealer was less than helpful.
My opinion it is not worth the money that it costs. Try the box stores or just get a pump from your local industrial supply store and do the undersink connections yourself.
On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 20:26:53 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@Right2Bgay.com wrote:

More Spam from a hard up owner selling an inferior product. Look at that household grade timer on the unit, just like the one that doesnt last a few years in household use. Either the consumption of electrictiy is a lie or the recirculator pump is woefully small. A junk pump that several people here in the past had bad luck with.
"Looser" than what? A Nut?

It's a common misspelling on this newsgroup...sigh. Tom Work at your leisure!
New homes in California require this outlet to be installed. If the kitchen is the point of installation, then the dishwasher outlet can be used. If there is no outlet, then one would obviously be needed. Your neighborhood handyman or friendly electrician should be able to put one in for around $100.
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:10:00 GMT, "Banister Stairwell"

OK. And what about the other 49 states? What about homes that *aren't* new?

And what if the kitchen faucet just happens to be the one closest to the water heater? To quote the information on the website, "...its usually installed at the faucet farthest from the water heater."
Kind of a waste of time and money otherwise.

Hmm... This part seems to be missing from the website.
To quote the website FAQ,
"How easily is it to install? RedyTemp is unquestionably the easiest of installs in the industry. Often, the only tool required is a 1/2" wrench. Its comparable to hooking up 2 garden hoses, its so easy. 1. Turn OFF water under sink. 2. Disconnect hot and cold lines under faucets and attach to RedyTemp. 3. Using the two supplied flex lines attach one end to RedyTemp and the other end to the faucets you just disconnected. Turn water back on and plug it in?done. Any home handyman can install it. NO special tools, NO plumbing modifications, no draining of water heater, no need to shut off gas, no purging of the lines, no calibrating. (see movie of 10 yr old install unit by clicking on link on our home page.)"
But of course if you called attention to the fact than most homes *don't* have a suitable receptacle under the sink "farthest from the water heater," and that it will cost them at least another $100.00 to install an appropriate receptacle to operate this device, it would tend to put a damper on all the other breathless accolades and diminsh sales.
The lack of a suitable electrical outlet to power this device is no small issue - an issue that you have chosen to gloss over for obvious reasons.

Actually, that's not true. New houses in California do not get an outlet under either the kitchen sink or the bathroom vanity.
And in cases where a dishwasher is next to a sink, 99% of the time it's directly connected to the dishwasher circuit, not cord-and-plug connected.

Oh my God, you crawled back out from under your rock?
Redi Temp says they have Zero failures Returns.
Reditemp says you will save gas , impossible if you recirculate hot water.
Redi Temp says you will save electricity by not needing to keep your lights on waiting for hot water.
Would you buy a used car from this guy?

But think of all the medical bills you could avoid *IF* you had a ready temp instead of standing on the floor, waiting... possibly exposing yourself to athelete's foot fungus!