chlorine tables in rear pressure basket of swimming pool harmful?

With our IG pool I did not want to put chlorine tablets in the skimmer baskets as on the lats liner they drained back and damaged the liner. We have new line I tried putting a couple in the rear basket neat the pump that catches stuff that make sit through the skimmer. Now the water quit coming out into the pool with the pump running and I saw some fumes coming from the basket. I have shut down the pump and wonder what happened? I will wear googles before I open the pressure filled basket but worry about it.
On Jul 31, 4:18 pm, snipped-for-privacy@naturalproperties.com wrote:

hopefully just a tablet jammed up the line and it's dissolved by now. i'd try restarting after waiting an hour. Is it fast-dissolving tabs? Look at the label. If not, it could take even more time maybe.
HOLD YOUR BREATH when you open that baby up