Chipmunk help??

Page 2 of 2

I've about had it with my population, too. They've undermined my aboveground pool; have holes everywhere; have eaten too many pepper plants. . ..
I'm going to go with Trapper John's cure [http://asktrapperjohn.com/faq.htm ] and make bait stations loaded with Ro-Dex.
He doesn't describe the bait station very well-- but what I've seen online is- a pair of 24" 3-4" pvc with a reducing T between. The 1 1/2 leg is just high enough for access to drop the bait in and capped to keep critters and rain out.
The chipmunks go to their holes to die.
Jim

They eat my mom's plants too. Using a rat trap that got 32 last year. As of early June it was 5 this year. They are only maintaining the population, not decreasing it.

A scoped .22 cal rifle works very well.
JJ wrote:

Think cat. You can even borrow one. Fun for the cat, it'll thank you later.