Cheap alarm clock

Page 2 of 2
On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 10:19:16 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I have a couple of clocks that run through the displays on power up, as if they set the time automatically. Only one of them (then one that's a clock-radio) actually does. The other uses a little battery to keep time.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 08:36:47 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (---MIKE---) wrote:

I looked at several clocks in Walmart yesterday. Three were "radio-controlled" clocks," which is very nice for accuracy, power outages and daylight Savings Time changes. Take a look here...
http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/gadgets/clocks-watches/question461.htm
Phisherman wrote:

Why do so many, including myself, say "Dalight Savings Time" when the official term is "Daylight Saving Time"?
I Think maybe it's because the added "s" makes the words roll off our tongues easier.
http://tinyurl.com/ujskf
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

Maybe it has to do with Arsenal Savings and Loan.

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 19:43:08 -0500, Jeff Wisnia

I try to control the urge.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
The clock claims to have "Intelli-Time" (whatever that means). The time zone is selected with a multi position switch. There is a daylight savings option switch. I'll find out in a few weeks if it resets automatically. For $12 it's a nice clock!
---MIKE---

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 18:15:09 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (---MIKE---) wrote:

That's the one I had. I removed the battery for a couple of hours to see if it would really set itself. it didn't.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 18:15:09 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (---MIKE---) wrote:

I don't know what it is either, but it sounds better than my clock, that has "Dummi-Time".