Changing wooden panelling pieces...

On the outside of my house, a couple of them are rotten. They are diagonal, and are slotted into each other like this:
One piece is like this: <======<
and they fit like this:
<=======<<=======<<=======<
So, I can't see how to take one out and replace it. The house inspector told me it was very simple. Any tips very welcomed!
I couldn't find a link, but what you basically do is saw the board with a circular saw lengthwise (only deep enough to go through the board). This will make a gap in the middle to give room to tear out the old board. The new board will need one side of the female "vee" cut off. The male vee then fits into the female vee of the existing board and then you just push the new board into place. You will probably want to silicone along the new seam first and then nail it in place.
New board ________________ / | \________________\
How it fits ____________________ ________ // | / __\\_________________\\________
I hope it is clear.
Oops, the server deleted my picture spaces.
I do not know if this is any clearer
New board
Fit
YES! I see what you mean, and I THANK YOU very much! It still has the lip on the outside, to stop the water getting in!
Why didn't I think of that!?!?!?
Thanks
Dean